At its core, Mommy Market is a way for Mommies, Daddies, or any caretaker to communicate with others about the things their child or children need. When you're looking for something, we help you find someone nearby that wants to sell or trade that item.
Finding an Item to Buy
There are 2 ways to find an item to buy: you can search for an item or you can create an “In Search Of (ISO)” listing and be notified when one becomes available.
Let’s say your stroller just broke and you need to find a replacement. The quickest way to find one would be to do a search by category and subcategory. This would show you a list of all the nearby strollers listed by other Mommy Market members.
But perhaps you’re looking for a specific brand of jogging stroller. This would be a great opportunity to use the “In Search Of (ISO)” feature. Here you can indicate specific items that you’re looking for. When they become available in your area, we’ll notify you via email and display them on your Mommy Market Dashboard.
It's that easy!
Listing an Item to Sell
When your little boy or girl has grown up and is jogging with you, rather than sitting in the stroller, and it’s time to get rid of it we can help there too! You can list your stroller for sale or trade with just a few clicks. It’s important to be sure to include as much information as you can about each item (brand, condition, etc.) to ensure your item will show up on other Mommy Market members’ “In Search Of (ISO)” lists and searches.
Once another user finds your item and would like to buy it, they can either comment on the item or send you a message. In most cases, the first person to express interest in an item, either by comment or message, should receive priority in purchasing the item. But ultimately it will be up to you and the buyer to work out the details of the transaction such as price, meeting time, and location of the sale.
A few other items of note:
- Mommy Market is a place for all caregivers (including expectant parents!) to find each other to exchange goods. Once you’ve found a buyer or seller, it’s up to you to protect yourself as you work out all the details of a transaction.
- If your item is not a maternity or childrens’ item, it probably doesn’t belong on Mommy Market.
- Please don’t list any opened or expired packages of baby food or formula.
- Coupons cannot be sold legally, only traded or given away.
- Certain states also have specific laws governing the selling of child car seats.
- Take note of what laws may exist in your state regarding the sale or trade of any item you wish to list on Mommy Market.
That’s it! Have fun on Mommy Market!